Sunday, October 9, 2016

Whole30 - Update

Hi all!

As I mentioned in my prior post, I recently did another round of Whole30 to celebrate my one-year anniversary.  (This was my third round, actually.)  I finished this round on October 4th, and these are my honest thoughts. :)

When I did my first two rounds, I was still in the "my body is changing and losing weight" phase, so it was pretty exciting and "easy" to keep going.  This time, I was bored and not really motivated to keep going.  BUT, I did keep going.  I think this was mentally harder than the first two.  However, the food restrictions were pretty easy, since that is how I eat 99% of the time anyway.  I was tempted a couple of times to cheat, but I didn't cave!  I really wanted potato chips! :)

My one-year Whole30 anniversary was on September 27, so even though this round was not finished yet, I weighed myself.  I had lost three more pounds (down to 136)!  I was pretty surprised by that. But, when I weighed myself on October 4, I was back to 139, so I am going to chalk it up to hormones and "that time of the month."  As I posted last time, I was not really expecting to lose any more weight.

I am not doing the reintroduction phase this time, either.  I did it the first two times, and over the past year I have occasionally eaten things that bother me, too, so I am pretty sure I know positively what bothers me and what doesn't.

So, am I going to make any changes for this next year?  Am I going to start eating sugar again?  NO! I am not going to eat sugar just for the sake of eating sugar.  For example, no donuts or Coke, etc.  I am super happy to not be a sugar junkie, and I want to keep it that way.  That being said, I will occasionally have a treat on a special occasion.  I won't be using food as a reward, which is something I used to do pre-Whole30.

I had a piece of homemade birthday cake on October 7, and frankly it was gross to me.  The frosting was disgustingly sweet.  I have NO desire to eat another piece anytime soon.

So, in a nutshell, Whole30 for me is not a diet, it is a lifestyle, and I am going to eat healthy from now on.  And I am at peace with that. ;)

I hope this frank update helps you in some way!

God bless you!
Kimberly




No comments:

Post a Comment