Saturday, September 24, 2011
Mother Bear Pattern Giveaway
Lucky winner is CraftyDeb.
Works in Progress
Fiber from PunkNSparkle on Etsy for lemonsong for Plurk Knit/Spin-a-long
Merino/tencel blend from Monkey (Deb)
Hats for Sarah's classmates.
Doily KAL/CAL in October
Ends September 29 at 11:59 PM. Any hat, any size. Post pics in Ravelry Group.
No exercise this week ;(
Tips and Tricks
Dying yarn with ice cubes.
Purple baby hats for clickforbabies.org
Counted cross stitch and "fish with lips."
Swedish Rose for stitch markers.
How to Contact Me
Sockbunny on Ravelry, Plurk, Google Plus, and SparkPeople.
Searchable on iTunes and Blip.tv as SockBunny Knit and Fit
sockbunnyknitandfit at gmail dot com
Keep on Crafting!!!
Friday, September 16, 2011
I won some Colinette Jitterbug sock yarn from Steve of the Dramatic Knits podcast for participating in his Stash Down. He will be having monthly contests in his Ravelry group for finished objects.
Works in Progress
Childs Play socks - afterthought heel tutorial on the Knitgirllls podcast blog.
Shedir hat - thanks to Nicole for help with the chart. Knitting along with Diane from Knitabulls podcast.
Mother Bear project bears - win my copy of the crochet pattern on the Ravelry group.
Purple baby hat - for Katie at Knittin on the Fly podcast.
Pink and gray houndstooth hat
Afghan square for Monkey
Knit socks with yarn from Knitting Rose of the Knitting Rose podcast.
Plurk small shawl spin/knit-a-long for lemonsong.
Knit or Crochet-a-long
Any size hat. Enter to win on my Ravelry Group. Ends September 29, 2011.
1040 minutes and 35.9 miles.
Bag from MariGayle of Exchange Student in Fiberland podcast.
Tips and Tricks
Use your library!
Library books reviewed:
- Big Book of Crochet (ISBN 1-57486-456-4) - Crochet Caddy Tissue Cover
- 100 Crochet Projects (ISBN 978-1-4027-2309-4) - Flower Garden Scarf, Pinning Up Roses, and Loopy Tape Measure
- Crochet Adorned (ISBN 978-0-307-45196-5) - Garden Party Cardigan, Butterfly Apron, Medallion Table Mat
- Katie from Knittin on the Fly podcast is hosting charity KAL/CAL for purple baby hats for clickforbabies.org.
- Knit or crochet bears for Mother Bear project at motherbear.org.
- Knit or crochet afghan squares for Warm Up America at craftyarncouncil.com.
Katie from DomestiKated Darling podcast for mentioning my podcast.
Steve from Dramatic Knits podcast for awesome prize and for mentioning my podcast.
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Friday, September 2, 2011
Dramatic Knits Podcast
Stash down is over. I used 46 balls or bumps of fiber between June 1 and August 31.
Square for Monkey
Childs Play Socks
Preemie cap test knit for Sheila of the Knit1HeartToo podcast.
Femme Fingerless Mitts
Plurk shawl spin/knit-a-long
KAL with Diane from Knitabulls podcast for Plurk Podcaster Challenge.
I am using Droid apps from Rittr Labs to track exercises like pushups. I am using the squats app to track my lunges instead.
- could pay as little as 10% of retail cost of new yarn with same fiber content
- good for the environment
- find them at thrift stores, eBay, your own closet
- check the men's department, too
- make sure the seams are sewn and not cut and surged together
- overdye the yarn if you don't like the colors
- can knit directly from the sweater instead of unwinding it first
- felt sweaters and cut to make blankets, purses, etc.
- recycle buttons and other fasteners
- gift or sell the yarn on eBay or etsy.com
Katie from Knittin on the Fly podcast is hosting charity KAL/CAL for purple baby hats for http://clickforbabies.org.
From the website: “Each and every day infants across North America are shaken and abused because the person caring for them became frustrated with their crying. Many times the abuse could have been prevented had the person caring for the infant only known that early infant crying may be normal. Click for Babies is a North America initiative to help educate caregivers about normal infant crying, how to cope with crying and the dangers of reacting to crying in frustration by shaking or harming an infant. You can make a difference and help prevent this abuse! Right now knitters and crocheters across North America are knitting PURPLE colored baby caps and sending them to organizers in select locations to distribute to babies during the month of November. (You would send hats to Katie). Organizers are working diligently with knitters to collect enough caps to provide to every baby born in participating hospitals through the entire month of November."
Can double-dip with my hat KAL/CAL.
Favorite ThingsFlamingos! Video from Busch Gardens coming soon.
Purple Photo Kitty for mentioning me on her podcast.
Dawn and Nicole for mentioning me on their podcast, which is Wolfe Farm podcast. Dawn also has a shop at: http://wolfefarms.net/ or http://www.etsy.com/shop/knittinwolf.